Tuesday, July 13, 2010

~Damn Oily Skin~

Ever since I can remember one of my biggest and most annoying challenges has been with my oily skin. I think aside from my shoe fetish and hair obsession it is the next area I have invested the most money in as far as trying different products. Lately, my skin has gotten so bad with the oil that I wake up and look in the mirror and it looks like I smeared Vaseline all over my face (you know like how your mom used to put on your face when you were a kid during the winter on the way to school, smh).

I am on the search for different techniques and new products to maybe help in reducing the oiliness of my skin I've tried everything from Neutrogena Oil free Acne Wash, Queen Helene Apricot Scrub, Queen Helene Oatmeal and Honey Scrub, Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque, Clean & Clear Deep Action Cleanser, Olay Warming Deep Purifying Cleanser, Olay Dual Action Cleanser + Toner, etc. My newest trial products are the Noxzema Triple Clean Acne Blemish Pads(for when I need a quick clean or on-the-go) and Clean & Clear Advantage 3-in-1 Foaming Acne Wash.

Of the many products I have tried the absolute best would have to be the Neutrogena Oil free Acne Wash, Queen Helene Oatmeal and Honey Scrub, Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque(once a week mask), and Olay Dual Action Cleanser + Toner. The absolute worst is definitely the Olay Warming Deep Purifying Cleanser, it left an oily residue on my face after wash which defeats the whole purpose. The one thing I have noticed in my trials though is the decrease in acne I rarely have a breakout, but of course what would life be without the occasional pimple lol.

Well, I will keep you all posted on my progress in my search and any interesting masks/products I may find.

No comments:

Post a Comment