Monday, October 11, 2010

***Dinner Time***


I recently had the chance to try Jamaican Curry Chicken, thanks to one of my friends. Ever since trying it I decided I wanted to try to make this yummy dish myself. Below is the recipe I used.


~Jamaican Curry Chicken~


Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (3 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced

- 4 large potatoes
- peeled and cubed

- 2 tablespoons salt

- 1/4 cup Jamaican curry powder

- 4 Stems of Thyme






*Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
*Cook the chicken, onions, and garlic until the chicken
has browned; about 5 minutes.
*Stir in potatoes, salt, and curry powder; add enough water
to cover the chicken halfway.
*Cover, and simmer until tender, 30 to 40 minutes.


Once done, plate with your choice of rice (white rice is said to be best), and ENJOY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment