Sunday, June 27, 2010

***Discussion***

Today I got into a debate with one of my friends about who cheats more men or women. So, my friend (male) believes that women cheat more and are better at hiding their "dirt" so you would never know. Also, the women that complain about "all guys are cheaters" are the ones who get involved with the "bad guy." Women should take time to go for the "good guys" that will love them and not treat them badly.

My Opinion: I argued the fact that men DO cheat more than women. I do believe women cheat but it is far easier for a guy to cheat regardless of how good a woman is at "hiding" her "dirt." The one thing that I have heard time and time again is the fact that men can have sex with someone and not have any emotions attached. While in turn women are emotional beings by nature, not saying that all women can't sleep with someone without emotions coming into play, but a good amount can not deal with the burden or emotions of it. I believe if a woman cheats there is a reason behind it, again not to say this for every woman but for a good amount it is the case. As a woman I find that some of the major reasons include no longer feeling appreciated, becoming dissatisfied with the relationship, changes in the partner and self, and the most notably one following the age old saying "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" meaning being spiteful and cheating as a form of payback. Guys on the other hand, coming from people I have known and talked to, need no reason at all. Temptation is a mans worst enemy and typically if the opportunity presents itself men are going to take it, I do not believe in putting every guy in the same category, so I will say that I believe this theory to be true for some men(those that cheat).

As far as the statement about woman going for the "bad guys" I will agree to that, I myself have fallen victim to it. Although, most don't want to admit it the same is true for most guys, they tend to go to the women that are ultimately the "bad woman." Once that happens guys start placing all women in a "box"(explaining women as being all the same), which isn't true but then it becomes hard trying to open their eyes to that fact. Unfortunately I don't think anything can change this vicious cycle of nature :-(.

No comments:

Post a Comment