Thursday, June 24, 2010

*Question Time*

"Once A Cheater, Always A Cheater"

Do you believe the phrase "Once a cheater, always a cheater" to be a fact???

I have had this conversation on several occasions with several different people.

My opinion: I do believe the phrase to be fact but it depends on the person. I think this phrase is more prone to the younger generation of today, not to say that older married men/women don't cheat, but they have a lot more to lose (financial, family, respect, and Love).

When I say younger generation I mean on the scale of those couples that are dating from teens to about 30s. I have known several people on the younger scale that have cheated and after being caught or not caught (as you can see I have not stated confess) they continued to cheat as if they were not even in a relationship. I've never understood the fact of cheating on a constant basis and staying in the relationship, why not be true to the person (that you supposedly had to have loved/liked at some point for you to be with them) and true to yourself and just be single. Often times when the cheater is caught they have more regret and remorse for getting caught rather than actually hurting their partner.

Now for older couples or married couples statistics have actually shown that only about 20% of cheaters cheat again. That says that 80% go back to rebuilding their relationships. I believe that when it comes to married couples there is more to lose if the person cheats constantly. The cheater jeopardizes a family and the foundation that they and their partner have built. I've heard stories from couples that have been married for over 25 years and people have cheated in those marriages but they worked through it and the person that was cheated on LOVED their significant other enough to stand tall and work it out with the cheater and the cheater had remorse for their infidelity in hurting the one that they loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment