Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"Why aren't you with someone???"

I was recently asked a question that I actually often wonder about myself: "Why aren't you with someone." The simple answer "I don't know. I know I have my ways and I'm far too picky." My way of dealing with it is to just put it in God's hands and hope that he brings the right person to me in due time. I must admit on one hand I enjoy my single life, no answering and/or checking in to anyone. Then on the other hand of course we all want a little affection from time to time and I love that.
A friend sent me a poem and expressed how much they wanted me to read and feel the words that were written and to understand what the poem is truly saying. I did and I like it. So enjoy for yourself!

"Because "by TD Jakes

Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize
what a gold mine you are,
Doesn't mean you shine any less.
Just because no one has been smart enough to figure out
that you can't be topped,
Doesn't stop you from being the best.
Just because no one has come along to share your life,
Doesn't mean that day isn't coming.
Just because no one has made this race
worthwhile,
Doesn't give you permission to stop
running.
Just because no one has realized how
much of an awesome woman you are,
Doesn't mean they can affect your
femininity.
Just because no one has shown up who
can love you on your level,
doesn't mean you have to sink to theirs'.
Just because you deserve the very
best there is,
Doesn't mean that life is always fair.
Just because God is still preparing your
king,
Doesn't mean that you're not already a
Queen.
Just because your situation doesn't
seem to be progressing right now,
Doesn't mean you need to change a
thing.
Keep shining, keep running, keep
hoping, and keep praying,
Keep being exactly what you are
already.
COMPLETE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment